NOIDAAbout the CityNew Okhla Industrial Development Authority comes under the government of Uttar Pradesh and lies in the Gautam Buddha Nagar District. Noida was formed on April 19, 1976 and this is celebrated every year as the NOIDA day. It was during the emergency period when Sanjay Gandhi took the initiative to form the city under the UP Industrial Area Development Act. Noida is one of the most modern cities of India with world class amenities and infrastructure. The state legislative seat of Noida falls under NOIDA-Dadri "Vidhan Sabha" region and the Parliamentary seat falls under the Khurja Parliamentary seat.
Noida is well connected with Delhi and over 50% of the total population travels to Delhi for official purposes. Connectivity to Delhi has improved with the construction of flyovers, roads and bridges. Overbridge over the river Yamuna connects to Delhi in no time and the toll road would hardly take 20 minutes to reach a location in South Delhi. The city is now the most preffered destination for corporates and MNCs looking for a office space or commercial buildings to set up their corporate offices.
Noida is home to many big international as well as national companies like Agreeya Solutions, GlobalLogic, EXL, Birlasoft, Impetus, STMicroelectronics, MtronPTI, Fiserv, Adobe Systems, TCS, , CSC, HCL, ATC Labs , Interra and Xansa. Some of the main reasons behind the existence of these companies in Noida are the proximity of the city to Delhi and good infrastructure.
Another big specialty of Noida is the "Film City", located in sector 16A where you will find offices of major news channels, film studios and other institutes.
Shopping Malls in Noida
- Spice World Mall
- CenterStage Mall, Sector-18, Noida
- Shopprix mall, C-134B, Sector 61,
- Supertech Shopprix, C-134B, Sector-61
- Sab Mall, Atta Market, Sector 27
Cineplex and cinema halls in NoidaIn Noida you will find good cinema halls and multiplexes in shopping malls as well as other commercial locations. If you are a movie freak and love watching movies in multiplexes, you can visit Wave Cinemas in sector 18 and PVR Spice in sector 25 A.
|General Information on Noida|
|Location||On the eastern side of NCT of Delhi|
|Town Area||3,000 hectares|
|Latitude||28° 37' North|
|Population||0.55 million in 2001 0.605 million in 2016 (Projected)Source: UPJN|
|Languages spoken||Hindi, English, Urdu|
Services and Institutions in Noida
Most of the sectors in Noida are having schools and colleges, especially those built before 1995. Noida has some very good schools including the big names like:
- Apeejay School
- Army public School
- Delhi Public school
- Ryan Internatinal
- Amity University, located in Sector-44
- FDDI - Institute prioviding education in footwer design
- JSS Academy of Technical Education
- JIITU, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology University
- The VV Giri National Labour Institute located in Sec 24
- EDCIL (Education Development Consultants India Ltd.)
- Metro Heart Hospital in Sector 12
- Prakash Hospital in Sector 32
- Fortis Hospital, Sector 62
- Kailash Hospital and Research Center situated in Sector 27
- Max Hospital in Sector 19
- Apollo Hospital situated in Sector 2